June 26, 2015
If you have not been on Tastycat on June 6th, let us fill you in! We’ve hosted a showcase of music producers who wholeheartedly participated and expanded our views!
All of them have prepared ~15 min mixes and each one of them were mind-blowing , even if so short! They’ve also answered few of our questions, so read on and check out their music! :)
* I chose this name because I really wanted to be discovered. I read about how Avicii was discovered by a manager and thats how he got famous.
I went to a summercamp when I was a kid. They played Dota by Basshunter. I loved the track, but I hated the lyrics he had in his tracks. I got home, found a tutorial on FL Studio, and here I am 5 years later and $6000 worth of software and hardware.
In 5 years, I want to see myself on the DJMag Top 100, Playing UMF and EDC, collaborating with big names such as Dada Life, Blasterjaxx, Pep & Rash
* Since I was young a played several instruments and loved music. When dubstep became a big thing (Skrillex, etc.) I fell in love and wanted to make that sort of music, and that got me started I guess.
* I am planning on studying music production, so I’d like to see myself as a producer, recording bands, and ofcourse my own music. And being able to make a living out of that ofcourse.
* I’ve always loved music, and I’ve been involved in musical things my entire life. When a producer friend of mine introduced me to EDM, I loved it. I started out making simple things in Garage Band, and I have since moved on to Ableton. It’s been a long journey in the past two years or so, but I feel like I’ve come a long way. I have big plans for what i’ll be releasing this summer!
My name is Anthony, so yeah Ento, is simple, and easy to remember. Cause i love music since my childhood, and Tobu was my inspiration.
In 5 Years ? Hum i don’t really know.
“Wontolla” represents a philosophy of learning to do things myself (sound design, vocals/lyrics, art/vfx etc). I think it means “lone wolf” in Hindi.
I was a band kid in school, and it just grew into something I did on my own time.
In five years, hopefully I’ll find a unique sound that people like, and have made a mark on EDM some way or another.
It just represents me.
I wanted to see how the music I was listening to was made; Then it became something far more important to me.
In five years I want to be recognized for the things I do as a music producer.
I picked the name “Qwince” because a quince is a fruit. When it matures it becomes a goldish bright color. I want people to see my growth and see how much I’ve matured in my music.
In 5 years I’d be producing for 10 years… Holy crap. haha. I think I’d like to see my self on monstercat. no joke. But even that won’t be my resting place. I’d like to keep going with my career and go on tour!
Chance is my legal first name, and I thought it’d be cool to just use my name. People seem to like it haha.
I got into electronic music at a really young age, and I was always interested in creating things, also, one time I saw a friend of mine DJ’ing at some small event, and that inspired me to become a producer.
In five years I’d like to see myself exactly where I am now (except I’d also like some money haha) but I enjoy producing, and even if it just stays as a hobby, it wouldn’t be the end of the world… but if I had it my way, I’d like to see myself as a well-grounded artist with a nice community.
* Time Rage seemed catchy to me !
I used to do edm because Tiesto’s trance inspired me but once he changed i decided i should change too so i started to make dubstep and yeah that’s where i am as a 14 year old.
Well where I’m at right now is not soo shabby, some fans and people seem to enjoy it, i guess I see myself doing what i do best, music. not sure if I’ll be popular or signed to a big label, but i hope the future me keeps rockin it.
Kind of loosely based off of the latin name for ‘fox’. I don’t necessarily have any special connection to it, I just like the way it sounds.
I don’t think I ever STARTED. I kind of grew up in the music scene with my dad being a DJ and my mom being a music video producer for large artists. I started digital composition when I was 5 or 6, and it has just kind of been a hobby ever since.
I haven’t a clue and I don’t really care. I just want to keep on making the stuff that I like making.
* Parry is my last name :)
I’ve played instruments all my life, and with my love for edm it kinda just fell into place.
In five years - To be playing EDC mainstage duh.
We thank You all for participating in the event and we wish everyone the best of luck on their journeys !
Stay Tasty, Kittens!